A Hopeless Romantic

A Hopeless Romantic
by Harriet EvansRating: ***

Just a warning, I've read this book before. It's a reread because I was in between books!

A Hopeless Romantic is about Laura, who is a hopeless romantic. She watches the sappy movies, reads the sappy books and constantly finds herself falling in love with the wrong guys. When she falls head over heels for a guy that should have been out of bounds she finds herself in a bad situation that leaves her with far less than she started with. And after that, Laura is determined to get her head out of the clouds and her feet on the ground where they belong. Then Laura meets Nick and slowly she feels her walls break down again. But when she finds out a secret about him she's thrown for a loop. Will Laura find a happy medium or will this be just another relationship to add as a notch in her bedpost?

It's a cute book and I definitely feel for Laura. The first time I read it I really loved it. The second time - oh, it lost a bit of its shine but was still good nonetheless. I found myself constantly thinking, "Oh gosh Laura, quit messing it up and get it right for once!" Laura is a great character with more than one flaw and Nick - well, he's that handsome bachelor that every girl wishes could be her prince charming, that's for sure!

0 comments: