The Friday Night Knitting Club

The Friday Night Knitting Club
by Kate JacobsRating: ***

Georgia Walker is a single mother to 12 year old Dakota and also the owner of Walker and Daughter, a knitting shop in Manhattan. The shop soon becomes the meeting place of The Friday Night Knitting Club, a group of women that come together every Friday night to knit, talk about their lives and just escape for a few hours. When a man from Georgia's past, who broke her heart once, returns and demands to be a part of Dakota's life, Georgia's life is turned upside down.

While I had a hard time getting into the book, once I did I found myself really enjoying it. The little side stories about each of the women in the knitting club were cute and I found myself wishing I could knit (well, better than a beginner, anyway). PLEASE TAKE NOTE: if you do not want the ending spoiled try not to look too hard at the cover! The compare the book to a movie and if you've seen the movie the ending is totally spoiled. However, I've never seen the movie (shame on me!) so I was safe. I definitely cried at the end and I'm excited to read the sequel to find out what happens next!

Coming Up Next: Secret Circle Volume One: The Initiation by L.J. Smith

0 comments: