Dead Until Dark

Dead Until Dark
by Charlaine Harris
Rating: ***

Dead Until Dark is the first novel in the Sookie Stackhouse series. It's about a woman, Sookie, who has the ability to read minds (which she claims to be a disability). In her world, vampires have just "come out of the coffin" and she is waiting to meet on in her small Louisiana town of Bon Temps. When Bill, a vampire, comes into her life she it thrown into a whirlwind of romance, danger, murder and lots more.

Obviously, I wanted to read this book because I've become a little obsessed with vampires. I'd also heard that it was made into a TV show on HBO called True Blood. So I was interested. While I feel like the book is a little slow to pick up, especially if you're a fan of the Twilight series it does have a good story and it's a fast, easy read. I would say that it's written FAR different than I thought it would be but Sookie is a decent character and she makes the book go by fast.

I'm definitely continuing the series. So stay tuned!

0 comments: